co-owner rights

Author Message
miffed mom


Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: co-owner rights

My daughter and her domestic partner of 6 yrs. have decided to part ways. They own a home together, but my daughter's partner will not help make a decision on what to do with the property. Does my daughter have the right to put the house up for sale w/out the permission of her ex?
Need help choosing the right loan? Get free consultation from community lenders/consultant
Icon Mini Profile laphillips
Community Expert
Community Expert

best lender badge

Joined: 10 May 2008

Posts: 134
Location: Yucaipa, CA
33.91 Dollars($)
Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: co-owner rights

This would depend on how title is held.
Lynnette Phillips
Loan Officer/Realtor,
Foreclosure Consultant
Home Pride Mortgage
My Blog:

**This is not intended as legal advice. I am not an attorney.**
Icon Mini Profile jameshogg

Joined: 20 Dec 2005

Posts: 12157
Location: Nevada
1221.05 Dollars($)
Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: RE: partition lawsuit to sell home

Hi Miffedmom,

Welcome to forums.

Your daughter can file a partition lawsuit to force the sale of the home. Such lawsuits are applicable in almost all states. Usually the judge provides for a 30-day period during which he expects the parties to resolve issues or else he'll sell the home and divide the proceeds between your daughter and her partner.

Know more on How Partition Lawsuit can help .

All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Page loaded in 0.483 seconds.