Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

CompanyLoan TypeAPREst. Pmt.

Living in IL, buying a home in MO, Divorcing in IL

I am going through a divorce and buying a home. My divorce will be final Tomorrow. I close on the home in MO Monday. Do I need a quitclaim deed?? I am going crazy between the two states and the laws. I keep getting different answers!

jameshogg's picture
jameshogg | Joined: December 20, 2005 02:58 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hi Bonnie,

You can ask your spouse to sign an inter-spousal transfer deed and give away all his claim to the property. This will make you the sole owner of the property.


Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Fri, 02/05/2016 - 03:32 | Post subject:

Page loaded in 0.433 seconds.