Timeshare Ownership Transfer Letter?

Author Message
Icon Mini Profile delaney

Joined: 05 Oct 2010

Posts: 1

1.33 Dollars($)
Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Timeshare Ownership Transfer Letter?

My timeshare resort is asking for a notarized Timeshare Ownership Transfer Letter? Is there an example of what this letter should contain?
Icon Mini Profile jameshogg

Joined: 20 Dec 2005

Posts: 12157
Location: Nevada
1221.05 Dollars($)
Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Hi delaney,

A timeshare can be transferred to someone else with the help of a quit claim deed. You can get sample quit claim deed forms from the given page:

However, for a notarized Timeshare Ownership Transfer Letter, you'll have to take the help of an attorney.



Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Timeshare Ownership Transfer Letter

The Resort said a quitclaim deed was not necessary. All that was needed was and OTL (letter stating we were seperating our membership and each would retain 1 Unit/Week) and it needed to be notarized. We don't have deeds for our timeshare. We have membership agreements. ???
Icon Mini Profile smithsussane

Joined: 18 Sep 2008

Posts: 12591
Location: Alaska
1308.69 Dollars($)
Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi Daphne!

Welcome to forums!

As James has suggested, you need to contact an attorney in order to get the Timeshare Ownership Transfer Letter drafted and notarized.

Feel free to ask if you've further queries.



Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Timeshare after divorce

Here's the thing,

My husband and I have separated and are in the midst of settling issues (if possible). We jointly are deeded to a timeshare. It is for sale however, I do not want to pay any maintenance fees as we had a verbal agreement that he would take care of fees since separation and be the sole user and has been. Fees are now do and he is coming with his hand out. By the way, verbal agreements are just spit in the wind. I need a legal document that says..... he will be the sole payee and benefactor (when it sells). my name will remain on it for simplicity and cost efficiency purposes however I do not want to be responsible for any payments from here on in and he is agreeable to this with the correct documentation. I have contacted a lawyer who said they can draft said letter however they will not represent both of us thus we will both have to retain a lawyer which we are not interested in. So I need to draft an appropriate letter covering both of us to be signed infront of and by a notary. Where can I find an example of such letter?

Icon Mini Profile sara

Joined: 05 Jul 2006

Posts: 3236
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey
581.42 Dollars($)
Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject:

Hi Lola,

It is difficult to get a a sample of such a letter. It is your attorney who will help you in drafting such a letter. You will have to contact the attorney for the same.

Take care.
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Page loaded in 0.490 seconds.