Adding an Adult Child to the Deed

Author Message


Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Adding an Adult Child to the Deed

Recently married, and husband has chosen not 2 b on title. Instead, he wants me to add our daughter. Do I use a Quit Claim Deed form to add her to the title? And, how do I state 50% interest on the form? And where on the deed is the Title Order No., and Escrow No. found?

Icon Mini Profile jameshogg

Joined: 20 Dec 2005

Posts: 12157
Location: Nevada
1221.05 Dollars($)
Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Hi Lucinda,

You will be able to add your daughter to the property deed with the help of a quit claim deed. While drafting the deed, you'll have to mention the clause that you own 50% interest in the property. You should contact your real estate attorney and he would help you in drafting the deed with the required clause.

All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Page loaded in 0.504 seconds.