Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Do I need to get a Lady Bird Deed?

Do I need to get a Lady Bird Deed?

My parent's are in their 80's and several years ago set up a quit claim deed for their cottage (now their primary home). The wording goes as follows...

John A. Doe and Jane A. Doe husband and wife, and Sean E. Doe as joint tenants with full rights of survivorship the following described premises in the Township of_____, County of _____ and State of ________. for the full consideration of None. This instrument of transfer is exempt from taxation under the exemptions listed at_______________.

This quick claim deed has been in existance for over 5 years. I recently met with my broker and he was telling me that our State laws have changed and that our State can now capture an elderly person's primary estate to help pay with nursing home costs. My broker was uncertain if my parents quick claim deed will insure safety from liquidation to defer any possible future nursing home costs. My Broker also mentioned the Lady Bird Deed if the quick claim deed isn't adequate. Because my spouse and I thought my parent's residence would be ours someday, we hired a contractor and did extensive work renovating the property aat a substantial cost. We now are questioning whether we will inherit this property in the event one of my parents needs to go into a nursing home. questions are...
1. Is the current quick claim deed enough to protect the property from being sold to pay for nursing home costs?

2. If not....what do I need to do to protect it?

3. The way the deed is written, am I considered 1/3 of an owner. Can the State capture a split of the property?

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

3 Answers

As far as I know, the quitclaim deed may not protect your parent's property from liquidation. It will be better if they could sign a ladybird deed and transfer the property to you. However, there are chances that after the transfer of the property, they may not be eligible for Medicaid benefits for the next 5 years. Nevertheless, it will be better if you could contact an attorney and take his opinion in this matter.

jameshogg | Asked on 2011-10-04

Thank you freemercifultemple for bringing me back my husband  into my life. we were together for more than 8 years and we were always happy with our relationship, i love him so much and also he love me.later he stated to act in a different way he stop calling me and also he told me that he do not love me again. i almost got mad i was frustrate and also sick for more than a month, i decided to contact a spell caster, i was never a fan of the spell casting i just want to try it due to the frustration i was passing through that moment. i contacted freemercifultemple  for the return of my husband,they told me that he was with another woman and that she casted a spell on him. then he told me that they have to cast a spell of return back of love on him, they did the spell casting on him.and after 6 days he called me on phone, to forgive him that he still love me and that he did not know what happen to him that he have to leave me, it was the spell i casted on him that brought him back to me again.  thank you freemercifultemple for bringing him back to me again.i want you my friends who are passing through all this kind of over problem of getting back their husband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend to contact and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay.

Anonymous | Asked on 2013-09-04

Hello friend i want to share this to the entire world how this man called Dr Aluta who help me win back my wife to me. my wife fill up a divorce letter to me, we were married for more than 15 years with two kids,  i was treating my wife very well and also make her know that i love her so much.suddenly things started to change when the boss of my wife starting asking her out she was no longer having time for me or for the family i knew that something strange was happening to her, so until on the first of April this year she filled up a divorce letter for me to sign that she was no longer in love with me, that she have found the love of her life. we and the children was so confused most especially me i was no my self i knew that my wife have been en charm with a spell. i never believe in spell casting but her case made me to test it if it was going to really work for me, then i contacted this spell caster called Dr Aluta i explain all that was going on between me and my wife then he told me that he have a solution to it, he ask me of my wife picture then i gave it to him, when he did some research on her he later concluded that she was under a black magic spell from his boss. i told him that i really love my wife that he should help me win back my wife love to me again and open her eyes to see that she was under a spell, then he told me that he have to get items for all this then i send him the money to buy this items, he told me that after 3 days of casting the spell that my wife was going to call me and ask for forgiveness i never believe it until after 3 days of him casting the spell on her, she came back home that day and started to cry that she have really offended me and the children that i should forgive her, she even kneel down to ask for my forgiveness i thought it was a dream this was the same woman that told me that in less than 1 week that she will be leaving my house, now kneeling down for my forgiveness that was when i knew that the spell really work on her and open back her eyes to see the truth, so she decided to leave her job for another job, now my family is back together due to the spell Dr Aluta casted on her, so i want you all who are passing through this kind of case or in relationship problem with your husband or wife or you want back your EX back just contact him and see what he is going to do for you ok, this is his email address wish you all success.  

Anonymous | Asked on 2013-09-04

Page loaded in 0.139 seconds.