Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Evict from property

Posted on: 23rd Aug, 2013 12:03 am
Hello there... I had a tenant in an apartment that I own but do not live in. Now one fine day last month, this tenant left and one of my friends started staying the property. This person does not have any lease. I want to know how I can evict that person from my property?
Hi Galloon,

You should provide the person with a legal eviction notice and give him/her a specific time period to move out of the property. You can contact an attorney and he will better assist you in this regard.

Posted on: 23rd Aug, 2013 12:48 am
Hi Galloon,

James is right. It will be better if you could contact an attorney and take his help in this regard. The attorney will help you in sending a legal notice to that person.
Posted on: 25th Aug, 2013 08:22 pm
An eviction is a tricky process that you can hire an attorney relatively cheaply (frorm $750 to $1500). To answer your question, evicting a tenant is usually called an "unlawful detainer" or a "forcible detainer".
Posted on: 26th Aug, 2013 04:41 am
Page loaded in 0.058 seconds.