Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Can I claim any type of tax credit

Posted on: 30th Dec, 2009 07:52 pm
I paid property taxes for 3 years on my inlaws farm....can I get any type of tax credits?
Hi ytbdig,

As far as I know, you can claim property taxes on your tax return only if you own the property on which you made the tax payments. You paid the taxes on a property that you probably do not own, right? In that case, you will not be able to claim the real estate taxes on your tax return. However, you can check out with a tax consultant or an accountant if there's a way to claim the taxes even though you do not legally own the property.
Posted on: 30th Dec, 2009 10:40 pm
no you can not claim tac benefits. you are not the owner of property
Posted on: 01st Jan, 2010 10:00 am
Page loaded in 0.115 seconds.