Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Rented house to friend

Posted on: 17th Jul, 2013 12:31 am
I rented my house to one of my so called friends. They started living in the property. The rent payment was $150 but there was no written agreement in this regard. She said that she just started her job and paid me $100 and said that she would give me the remaining $50 in few week's time. But this went on for months and she never paid the remaining amount. At present she owes me more than $700 and has left the property. Can I sue her for the rental dues?
Well, you have mentioned that there had been no written agreement between you and your friend regarding rents. In such a situation, even if you file file a lawsuit, it may not be of much benefit for you.
Posted on: 17th Jul, 2013 12:58 am
Hi Guest!

Welcome to the forums!

You should discuss the whole matter with a local attorney and take his opinion in this regard. He will better help you in knowing whether or not you have any chance of winning the case.

Feel free to ask if you've further queries.

Posted on: 17th Jul, 2013 08:32 pm
Page loaded in 0.054 seconds.