Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Can we claim money back from bankrupt company?

Posted on: 06th Jun, 2008 02:57 am
Asking this question on behalf of a family member would apreciate any advice I can pass on.

If a company goes under before they finish work for you can you claim back what you have given them,we have paid a small company to do work on the house for us ready for a sale (were down sizing but want to up the value first) but it looks as if this company is in trouble with some customers who have threatened them with litigation and recovery. We cant really afford to lose any money,so is it best to cease dealing with this company?

What kind of bankruptcy have they filed? Chapter-13, Chapter -7 or chapter- 11? I think you can demand the money that you have paid them if they have not done the work. BTW have you talked with the company and demand them to pay your money back?

Best of luck,
Posted on: 07th Jun, 2008 12:17 am
what can i do to get my credit back on card.went to rim shop to cancelled my order got the recipt and the 2700.00 was still on credit card.file for dispute,but the merchaht never respond and the am stuck with a2700.00 bill.i was told later the rim shop was in bankrupt.what else can i do.
Posted on: 16th Mar, 2009 11:04 am
If you have the receipt of the cancelled order from your rim shop, then you will be able to dispute it with the credit card company and get the issue resolved.
Posted on: 16th Mar, 2009 11:41 pm
receipt of the transaction will make it very clear the issue.just send the copy of it to the CC company and then wait for their reply then if still issue is not resolved if it is reported to credit bureau by the CC company then put forward all the proofs of your conversation to the credit bureau. :wink:
Posted on: 17th Mar, 2009 08:08 am
ipm letting owe me money i took them to small claims and won but never got my money.i have recently found out they are bankrumpt can i still get my money and how
Posted on: 11th Dec, 2009 07:33 am
you would have had to file your claim with the bankruptcy court back when their filing took place (shortly thereafter). has the bankruptcy been complete and discharged? you may be out of luck, but you should contact your local bankruptcy court to make this determination.
Posted on: 12th Dec, 2009 06:04 pm
Posted on: 22nd Feb, 2010 12:20 pm
Page loaded in 0.084 seconds.