WE are currently not late on our mortgage but we have been trying to sell a house for three years. It is listed for 45% lower than the bank originally appraised and 40% lower than the tax assessment. We are current but are working with the bank for a DIL. Is this the right way to go? What should we look out for if we do decide to do a DIL? How will this effect our credit?