Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Grant Deed

Posted on: 28th May, 2006 06:26 pm
I want to add my brother name on the title of the house. Do I have to fill out the form of Grant Deed & Preliminary change of ownership Report Or Change of ownership? Please help! Thank you so much!
The best would be, you can go to the local registrar and take his suggestion as how you are going to add your brother on to the title.

On signing the title deed, you can add your brother into the title.
Posted on: 28th May, 2006 07:36 pm
Hi tvnct,

To add your brother name on the title of the house, you need to contact an attorney and look for title deed or the Grant deed.

You need to first contact attorney to prepare the papers of the deed. After the paper get prepare, sign the deed with notary public as witness. Then, make the deed public by recording it at the Office of the registrar of deeds.

Posted on: 28th May, 2006 08:22 pm
Thank you so much!
Posted on: 29th May, 2006 04:34 pm
i want to sell my house to the next door neighbor. she will pay me $100. a month until jan 2007, then she will pay the rest of the money. should i do a deed of trust or land contract?
Posted on: 27th Sep, 2006 10:56 am
Hi Juanitas,

A land contract will be quite suitable as per the term of the sale you have mentioned.

Posted on: 27th Sep, 2006 01:40 pm
Hi Juanitas,

From your query, it seems that it's a normal sale of property. So, in order to secure your interest in the property, you can get an agreement prepared by a lawyer regarding the sale. The agreement should state that you will hold the title to the property until and unless the buyer makes all payments.

However, if there is an original mortgage against your property, then you can go for a land contract. But if there isn't any previous loan against your property, then a deed of trust will be the suitable option.

Posted on: 28th Sep, 2006 12:06 am
Hi all,

I got this information about land contract, hope that can be of some help.

A land contract is an agreement made between the buyer and private seller of property. Under this agreement, the seller holds the title to the property until the payment on the house purchase is over. In case of land contract, initially a down payment is made and then monthly installments are paid in order to pay off the purchase price of the property. There can also be balloon payments at the end of all monthly payments.
Posted on: 28th Sep, 2006 01:58 am
My mother owns a time share, she wants to add my sisters and myself to her title without removing her name. If we use a quit claim should she add herself as a qrantee along with everyone else
Posted on: 01st Jun, 2008 06:42 am
Welcome tbc.

She can add you your sister and herself on the deed by using the quitclaim deed. So consult with an attorney and take his help on this process. By the way the quitclaim deed needs to be notarized and recorded in the recorder's office to make the deed valid.
Posted on: 02nd Jun, 2008 01:25 am
We need to remove one brother from a deed on a lake home we all four jointly in common. End result will will be only three brothers on the deed instead of four.
Posted on: 30th Dec, 2009 11:08 am
Hi Christopherpier,

Your query has been answered in the given page:

Take a look at it. I hope it will help you.
Posted on: 30th Dec, 2009 11:06 pm

Anyone know exact grant deed mean?
My understanding grant deed mean you owned the title of your property 100%. paid OFF the property. :D
Posted on: 01st Oct, 2012 05:03 pm
Hi Tom!

Welcome to forums!

Check out all about grant deed from the given page: "".

Feel free to ask if you've further queries.

Posted on: 01st Oct, 2012 11:48 pm
Page loaded in 0.072 seconds.