Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

In Florida how can you revoke a quit claim deed prior to your death.

I live in Florida and I recently reviewed all the paperwork relating to the purchase of my home in 2002. At that time, I unknowingly signed paperwork giving my son [url=]quit claim deed[/url] upon my death. This was not my intention, since I have several children. How do I go about revoking this.

jameshogg's picture
jameshogg | Joined: December 20, 2005 02:58 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hi raygross,

As you've already signed a quit claim deed transferring the property to your son, you will no longer be considered as the owner of the property. It is your son who is the owner of the property. Your son will have to first reverse the quit claim deed in your favor. Then you can divide the property accordingly amongst your children.


Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Sun, 02/14/2010 - 19:29

Page loaded in 0.091 seconds.