Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

foreclosure and child support


I received a summons of my daughter's father regarding home foreclosure. I am no longer involved with or had anything to do with this. It's his and his wife's issue.

Why is my name and address on there? I'm guessing it's because he pays child support.

And why are we defendants?

What does this mean? Can anyone give advise Please!!


Jessica's picture
Jessica | Joined: June 8, 2004 01:06 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Well I suppose your name is still there on the deed. Maybe there's some title problems here. Were you ever on the mortgage and had it refinanced by your ex or something like that?



Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Sat, 10/04/2008 - 06:03 | Post subject:

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous | Joined: June 8, 2004 01:06 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)


Thanks for answering! No, I was never on any deed. Nor did I sign any papers for a deed or mortgage. I checked my credit report and there's no mortgage or new inquiries.

Part of the summons says... It says #9: "My Name are made party defendants to this foreclosure action by reason of the following judgements entered in the office of the clerk of the superior court of (my state), recovered against the plaintiff's mortgage - see rider attached...." which is the child support order info. Then #10, "The following defendants are joined herein because they are the holder of an instrument or interest appearing of record which affect or may affect the mortgaged premises which has been paid in full but have not been discharged or record - NONE". There's more and more....

Should I get a lawyer?


Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Sat, 10/04/2008 - 12:07 | Post subject:

jerry's picture
jerry | Joined: October 17, 2005 03:24 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hi justasking!

Yes, it be better if you could consult a lawyer for this purpose.



Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Fri, 10/10/2008 - 05:36 | Post subject:

Page loaded in 0.211 seconds.