Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

How do i change the name of the mortgage holder without having to go through the mortgage process

The mortgage is in my dads name but he wants to move abroad. There are still 25 years left on the mortgage and i would like to take over it and put it into my name ,is that possible without having to go through the mortgage process.

savior70's picture
savior70 | Joined: March 25, 2009 05:14 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)


It is best to [url=]refinance[/url] the property in your name, if you want to take over the responsibility of the mortgage. It'll put your name on the mortgage while taking your father's name off it. If the mortgage is assumable, you can assume the loan as well. You can also check with your lender the option of a novation agreement to remove your dad from the mortgage. However, you need to discuss these options with your lender as you need their approval to assume the loan or to do a [url=]novation[/url].

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Mon, 07/06/2009 - 05:39 | Post subject:

Page loaded in 0.086 seconds.