Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

transfer some to a quickdeed claim?

Posted on: 29th Aug, 2006 12:15 pm
if a quickclaim deed has you and two others persons, can you remove yourself and add someone else?

Your question has been answered on this page, have a look :

Posted on: 29th Aug, 2006 12:23 pm
A friend can't pay mortgage and he wants me to do a quick deed, to help to save his house, and I don't know anything about it. What Should I do?
Posted on: 08th Sep, 2006 06:50 am
luis, quit claim deed is used to transfer interest in the property to another person.

Posted on: 08th Sep, 2006 01:55 pm
Hi Luis,

By way of quit claim your friend wants to transfer his interest in the property in your name. It is a popular and simple means of transferring owns interest in property to someone else.

Your friend, may be because of some financial problem is not able to keep up with his mortgage payments and wants to prevent his home being foreclosed. You should advice him to discuss his situation with the lender and arrange for some kind of loan modification or forbearance plan to recover the back payments that he has not been able to make.

The lenders most often do consider temporary financial problems and agree to some plan by which a person can get back to regular payments.

Posted on: 08th Sep, 2006 05:31 pm
remove another person name from the deed
Posted on: 23rd Jan, 2008 04:44 pm
I need james davis name remove from the deed please give me information on how to go about this.
Posted on: 23rd Jan, 2008 04:46 pm
Hi Novella Davis,

Welcome to the forum.

Who is james davis? Can you please elaborate your question a bit so that we can understand your situation better?

Best of luck,
Posted on: 23rd Jan, 2008 04:50 pm
you have two options. add yourself to title and refinance which will reduce your out of pocket expenses or purchase the home. i think it would be fine to add yourself to title and do the refinance. if you have good credit, that shouldn't be a problem. just keep in mind that you will putting a mortgage into your name and will be responsible for that payment if your friend ends up defaulting at any time in the future.
Posted on: 23rd Jan, 2008 11:15 pm
divorced, ex stayed in house, doesn't pay mortgage, now they want to come after me. What can I do ? Quickdeed?
Posted on: 11th Mar, 2008 09:19 pm
Hi Bina,

Is your ex-spouse on the loan? and are you there too? If you are on the loan and your ex isn't paying, well, I'm afraid you'll have to make payments and save your home.

Signing on a quitclaim deed won't help. Please refer to a discussion on Can quitclaim transfer mortgage debt? .

If the lender is coming after you, why don't you explain them the reasons for not paying and try to negotiate with them and fix up a repayment plan to clear the debt. Otherwise it might affect your credit and make it difficult to qualify for loan within the next few years.

Take Care
Posted on: 11th Mar, 2008 11:21 pm
many thanks for the quick reply. very much appreciated
Posted on: 12th Mar, 2008 10:34 am
Hi Bina,

Welcome back.

If you don't want the house then you can file a Partition Lawsuit against your ex. The house will be sold and the proceeds will be divided between both of accordingly. If you want to know more about Partition Lawsuit check out this discussion -

Hope it helps.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

Best of luck,
Posted on: 12th Mar, 2008 02:18 pm
My husband and I split up a year ago, he stayed in the house and I left.
I told him I don't want nothing from the house, just refinance to get out my
name off the house. I found out he has opened up several credit accts in my
name. It's been a year he still has not refinanced.....What should I do?
Posted on: 26th Jun, 2008 08:27 pm
Sophia do you plan to get back with him? If not get a divorce. He still has no legal right to use your credit you may want to gather the proof to show your attorney

Posted on: 26th Jun, 2008 11:41 pm
quit claim deed is usually used in a family from one people to another family member/members. quit cliam is a simple and quick method.
Posted on: 29th Jun, 2008 12:10 pm
Page loaded in 0.085 seconds.