Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Abandoned Borrower

Posted on: 27th Jan, 2007 01:11 pm
My husband has left my family and we own a home with him as the borrower myself the co-borrower. I cant afford the mortagage payment alone, and need to put the house up for sale before it forecloses. I dont have any contact with him, dont know where he is, been gone for 4 months now. Is there a way to claim him as abandoned off the deed, to show just in my name to sign of the home when it sells?
Tracy, consult a real estate attorney. He will be aware of the laws applied in such situations.
Posted on: 28th Jan, 2007 06:26 am
I am not sure as to whether taking a person's name off the deed is possible when he is not in contact. It is better to consult an attorney as otherwise if you sell in your name, who knows may be he can turn up one day and then you may ahve to face legal action.
Posted on: 29th Jan, 2007 03:01 am
Page loaded in 0.055 seconds.