Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Quit Claim Deed in Massachusetts

Posted on: 31st Mar, 2007 03:27 pm
my husband's trying to add me to the house title/deed, how do we go about doing it tru quit claim deed? can someone help us with the necessary steps to take? what to do, who to call, where to get forms, where to submit? do we need a lawyer to do this or we can do it alone? should we call mortgage company? can we just go to the courthouse and do this? please help we are so confuse as what to do. anyone got any link to quit claim deed form of massachusetts? thanks
Hi Aixprovenceparis,

If there is a mortgage then you need to talk with lender about including you to title of the house. A quit claim deed can be used for this purpose.

You need to download a quit claim deed, and fill it up with the help of an attorney. You can do it yourself but taking help of an attorney is better.
Posted on: 31st Mar, 2007 03:35 pm
Aaixprovenceparis, you do not have to get tensed about it.

Allow me to explain the process. Your husband will be named as grantor and you grantee as his will be making the deed to include you as co-owner of the house. After it is filled, you need to get it notarized and recorded with your county recorder's office. If these steps are followed, you name will get included on the title of the house.

"do we need a lawyer to do this or we can do it alone? should we call mortgage company?"
Consulting a lawyer is advisable as you cannot be sure if you do it on your own, even if some error occurs you will not be able to know.

Informing the mortgage company should be the first thing, as there will be change in title ownership he might ask for loan to be refinanced.
Posted on: 31st Mar, 2007 03:49 pm
aixprovenceparis, you can use this common quit claim deed for your purpose -
Posted on: 31st Mar, 2007 06:51 pm
thanks guys, i appreciate it!
Posted on: 31st Mar, 2007 07:39 pm

First of all, you need to contact a lawyer and request him to draft a quit claim deed. He will draft the deed the way you want your property to be distributed.

Next, you need to get the deed signed by a notary public and then approach the County Recorder or the Register of Deeds to get the deed recorded amongst all other public records.

Once your deed is recorded, it becomes affective and a valid deed.

Posted on: 02nd Apr, 2007 02:22 am
Page loaded in 0.133 seconds.