Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

How does deed in lieu process work?

Posted on: 25th Apr, 2007 06:45 am
We live in Kentucky and we are two months behind on our mortgage payments and two years behind on property taxes. Can someone explain the deed in lieu process?
Hi sheryl!

Welcome to forums!

It is possible to save your home though it is in foreclosure. But you've mentioned that the foreclosure procedure has already started. In that case, I think the lender has rejected your loan modification offer. However, I would suggest you to contact your lender and reapply for a modification. This will help you know whether or not he would consider your request.

Feel free to ask if you've further queries.

Posted on: 15th Dec, 2009 11:28 pm
I put my boyfriends name on my house to help him with his credit and now he will not move out or remove my name from the deed. What can i do? I recently moved and he is still living there wiht his kids and i am paying the mortgage becasue i dont want to ruin my credit but I can not afford to do this much longer. What should i do???
Posted on: 04th Feb, 2010 04:37 pm
It is your boyfriend who needs to sign a quitclaim deed in your favor to remove his name from the property. If he doesn't do so, you cannot force him as he is one of the owners of the property now. However, you may file a partition lawsuit after which the court can order the sale of the property. This will help you in getting rid of the property. Also, the mortgage will be paid off from the sale proceeds. Thus, you won't be liable for the mortgage as well as the property.
Posted on: 05th Feb, 2010 02:05 am
can any one show a really great letter' to help us?.
Posted on: 22nd Mar, 2010 08:35 am
can any one show me a hard ship letter? that will get eyes? our that will make a diferance
Posted on: 22nd Mar, 2010 08:40 am
Hi diann,

You can check out the given page to know in details about hardship letter:

Take care.
Posted on: 23rd Mar, 2010 03:26 am
this past june i asked for a deed in lieu of foreclosure, because i couldn't afford my payments anymore, because of taking on the care of my parents.........i filled out the paperwork, sent them my financial info., etc.............they have sent me letters, which i'm afraid to open, and the call almost fear is that they won't do the deed in lieu, and that they will garnish my i need an attorney?............i do have a bankruptcy in my past, due to divorce, but have bought 2 cars & a condo since then......any advice?
Posted on: 22nd Aug, 2010 11:14 am
Hi ston,

You should open those letters and check out what the lender has offered you. Rather that consulting an attorney, it's always better to negotiate the lender on your own. As you're unable to pay off the loan dues, there are high chances that the lender will accept your request for a deed in lieu of foreclosure.
Posted on: 22nd Aug, 2010 11:31 pm
I have been unemployed since July. I have tried to make all payments on my house....I have not lived in since 2008. It sits empty, has not sold. I have drained all savings, 401K, moved several times to maintain employment and now just have nothing left. Creditors are calling for other debts because I have maintained this mortgage!
Posted on: 10th Mar, 2011 03:51 am
Hi Layne,

You can list the property in the market and try to sell it off. This will help you in getting rid of the property. You can use the sale price of the property to pay off the loan.

Posted on: 10th Mar, 2011 11:28 pm
It has been listed on market since 2008 and has not sold with numerous incentives, declining list prices etc. Right now the market is so flooded with forclosures etc that my property value has dropped to less than my mortgage amount even though I renovated it with out of pocket funds as well
Posted on: 11th Mar, 2011 06:07 am
Welcome layne,

I can understand your situation. However, you will have to hold your patience and try. You can contact a broker and take his help in selling off the property.
Posted on: 13th Mar, 2011 11:07 pm
if i cannot make my house payment and they forclose, short sale, deed in lieu is FHA responsible for the balance and then they cannot come after me for the deficiencies.
Posted on: 05th May, 2011 12:50 pm
Welcome kcrai,

You will be responsible for paying the deficient balance resulting from the sale of the property in case of a foreclosure or a short sale. However, as you have a mortgage insurance, it will pay for the deficient balance resulting from the property sale.
Posted on: 05th May, 2011 09:54 pm
my husband gets ssi i work under part time our morgage we need to get out of his health is bad and we need to down size how to go about this what the best oppion
Posted on: 14th Jul, 2011 01:03 pm
Page loaded in 0.070 seconds.