Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.


Posted on: 10th Feb, 2011 05:50 am
I am confused I owned my home I filed for BK in Jan 09 was discharged in Jun 09 I didn’t reaffirm the mortgage my lawyer said as long as I made the monthly payment the bank would not foreclose , so that’s what I did. In Feb 10 I decided to find another place to live, so I called OWB to try to do short sale they declined. The home was foreclosed in Aug 10 and now is owned by OWB. I received a 1099-A I am not sure what I need to do whit it I thought I would receive a 1099-C since my BK was discharged. Can anyone help me with this?
Hi rocfam!

Welcome to forums!

You will have to file the form with your tax documents. You should contact a tax adviser and he will guide you further in this matter.

Feel free to ask if you've further queries.

Posted on: 10th Feb, 2011 10:24 pm
Page loaded in 0.070 seconds.