Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

quit claim

Posted on: 04th Feb, 2007 01:17 pm
i bought a property with boyfriend 3 years ago.both our names are on mortgage and title. he moved out last year. i have been paying the mortgage but now want him to quit claim the house to me. i am offering him a lump some of money.(cash) i do not want to refinance at this time. he has agreed to this. do i have to pay doc stamps again in the state of fla? can i just quit claim for 100$ or to i have to pay on the whole mortgage? help
You have to repay the mortgage in full whether you do a quit claim or not.
Posted on: 04th Feb, 2007 07:23 pm
hi nh,

welcome to forums.

as far as i know, one need not pay to take someone off the title through quit claim deed until and unless there is some agreement between them. in order to fulfill your loan obligation, you will have to pay it down in full or you can ask your boyfriend to make payments on a certain percentage of the loan balance.

Posted on: 04th Feb, 2007 09:10 pm
yes doc tamps are paid while recording quit claim deed.

I got a detailed information on doc stamps from . You can go through it for additional knowledge.
Posted on: 04th Feb, 2007 09:21 pm
"to I have to pay on the whole mortgage?"
You should inform the lender as their will be a change in property title ownership and the lender might ask for the loan to be refinanced in your name.

Jennifer L. Eberhardt
Posted on: 05th Feb, 2007 01:14 pm
Page loaded in 0.061 seconds.