Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Correcting a deed

My parents purchased a home in NY back in 1980. Only recently have I looked at the deed to the home and I noticed that the both of their last names on the deed are misspelled. We wish to sell the home in the next few years and would like to correct this before it may become an issue however I have no idea how to go about this. Can this be done on their own and how so or do we need to seek a lawyer?
Thank you

sunshineva's picture
sunshineva | Joined: June 15, 2009 09:07 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

I believe New York uses a Deed of Correction or Warranty Deed of Correction form. The body of a correction deed would contain language that states it is to correct a deed originally filed in Book # and on Page#.
Call the appropriate recorder's or registry office and see if they can provide you with a form or check the reference section at your library.
Hope this helps.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Wed, 06/17/2009 - 18:51 | Post subject:

Page loaded in 0.058 seconds.