Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Land Appraisal Questions?

Posted on: 05th Nov, 2009 05:15 pm
Hello everyone! I'm in need of some help. We are wanting to sell some land in Oklahoma. I want to make sure that I'm getting the most for property, its farm land, pasture.. etc. No house on the land.

Are there different types of certified appraisers or can any appraiser appraise land?
Are there different methods? If so, what would be the best method?

I think this would be a good start for me :D

Thanks everyone!
Welcome to the forum kmoneil!

I would maybe suggest first doing a liitle research and see if there is any comparable land in the nearby areas that has sold recently. This would give you a pretty good idea as to how much you can get for it. Regardless to how much it may appraise for you can only get what someone is willing to pay for it.

Best of Luck!
Posted on: 05th Nov, 2009 08:07 pm
Hi kmoneil,

As far as I know, you should contact an appraiser and he would appraise the land and let you know the exact value of the property. Then you can list the land in the market for sale.
Posted on: 05th Nov, 2009 08:09 pm
I would have the land surveyed for oil or natural gas
Posted on: 06th Nov, 2009 12:28 am
There are Appraisal Organizations who have online presence that you can contact. Some would be NAIFA, (National Society of Independent Fee Appraisers) Appraisal Institute, ASFMRA (American Society of Farm and Rural Appraisers) whose Appraisers usually specialize in appraising Farm and Rural Lands. Many will offer a profile of the Appraiser, their contact information and credentials. You may then contact and speak to several appraisers, give a more detailed description of your property, explain the purpose of appraisal, ascertain their experience and determine/compare their fee schedules. There are two levels of certfication that typically meet the minimum education requirements for these types of properties, especially in rural areas. The two categores are State Certified (residential) and General (commercial propertes)
Posted on: 06th Nov, 2009 09:10 pm
I really appreciate everyone for helping me out!

Posted on: 07th Nov, 2009 10:46 am
Welcome back kmoneil,

You're most welcome. In case, if you have further queries regarding mortgage or other related issues, feel free to post in the forums. The experts and other members participating here would try and offer their suggestions to you.
Posted on: 08th Nov, 2009 08:03 pm
Page loaded in 0.052 seconds.