Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Compare Refinance Mortgage Quotes

Does someone who defaulted on a owner financed home need to sign a quitclaim deed?..My parents financed a home and property to someone, they defaulted, therefore my parents had to evict them. When the finance papers were all signed they were filed at the county clerks office, now that the buyers have moved, do we need to do a [url=]quit claim deed[/url]?

adonis's picture
adonis | Joined: October 22, 2005 05:04 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Welcome Msissy,

If the records in the County recorder suggest that the title is in the name of the buyer, well obviously then you'll have to ask the buyer to sign a quitclaim deed or even better a warranty deed . This will help to transfer their share of interest in property over to you.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Tue, 08/26/2008 - 21:25 | Post subject:

jheard's picture
jheard | Joined: December 12, 2007 08:20 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hopefully, the owner took a security interest in the property in the form of a Deed of Trust. In that case, you must foreclose on the deed of trust by filing a lawsuit. Contact a real estate attorney.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Wed, 08/27/2008 - 07:16 | Post subject:

Page loaded in 0.141 seconds.