Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

deactivating title

Posted on: 22nd Jan, 2013 03:17 pm
My Dad died and I am told that we need to deactivate the title in order to sell the property. The land has a manufactured home on a permanent foundation. I found a paper that entitled State of New Mexico Residential Real Property Transfer Declaration Affidavit. So it is considered real property. However, the realtor is saying we need a VIN number to deactivate the title. There is no VIN number to be found. We have searched everywhere inside and outside. Is it possible hat when it was declared a permanent structure the VIN number was surrendered to DMV? Is there any way around a missing VIN number?
Hi R Fuller,

Well, if you can get the property transferred in your name, then also you will be able to sell off the property. You can ask the realtor whether that option will work for you.

Posted on: 22nd Jan, 2013 07:13 pm
When the MH was on wheels, its is Personal Property, and then it would be registered with the DMV. Once its installed on permanent foundation, and the wheels removed, it becomes real property and would be paying taxes on it with your state. I would contact a title company to research the property and help get the proper deed to transfer, or contact a real estate attorney. Good luck
Posted on: 23rd Jan, 2013 04:41 pm
Page loaded in 0.046 seconds.