Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.


Posted on: 04th Feb, 2009 10:12 am
My great,great grandfather and mother purchase land that was never to be sold and was left to the their children and then to their children childrens. it is now only one sister my great aunt remaining from the other brothers and sisters and just the children of those brothers and sisters are today. however on the deed it doesn't reflect any of our names just refrences heir property. can and how do we the children have our names added to the property. what forms or office do we contact. this property is in knoxville, tennessee

Since it's heir property, it automatically passes onto the next generation of successors. Thus, though your names do not appear on the title, I think you guys are the legal owners of the property and there's no need for you to change the title. However, If you really want to see the names on the title you can opt for a Quiet Title. But again, I'd say, that might not be needed.
Posted on: 13th Feb, 2009 12:27 am
my grandparents purchased property that is known as heir property, my dad is the sole survivor of their children, there were other brothers and sisters and there is other names on the list, however, we don't have our names on the list. how do we go about adding names to the list. The property in is the state of Georgia.
Posted on: 10th Oct, 2011 08:33 am
Hi dndylnd!

Welcome to forums!

You can ask your father to sign a quitclaim deed and add your names to the property deed. Once he does so, you all will be considered as the owners of the property.

Feel free to ask if you've further queries.

Posted on: 10th Oct, 2011 10:40 pm
My grandfather stepfather left property in his name which both are deceased my father is also deceased. what steps do we need to take to get our names added to the deed. Property is in Harrison County,TX. Is there anything we can do ourselves without a lawyer.
Posted on: 18th Dec, 2012 08:25 am
Hi Regina!

Welcome to forums!

You will have to file an affidavit of heirship at the county recorder's office and get the property transferred in your name. It will be better if you could take the help of an attorney in this regard.

Feel free to ask if you've further queries.

Posted on: 18th Dec, 2012 09:20 pm
Page loaded in 0.222 seconds.