Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Compare Refinance Mortgage Quotes

Five years ago I helped my daughter buy a Condo as her credit was not good enough for a bank loan. She has made every monthly payment for the past five years. My wife passed away two months ago and I would like to know if a [url=]Quit Claim Deed[/url] would transfer the property into my daughter's name. Her name is not on the property deed at the present time, only mine although she is paying off the loan each month. What path should I take to make this transfer legal upon my death? Thanks
George Diedrich

smith.sussane's picture
smith.sussane | Joined: September 18, 2008 09:57 pm | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hi grdiedrich!

Welcome to forums!

You can add your daughter's name to the property deed with the help of a quitclaim deed. You can get the quitclaim deed forms online or you can even draft it from an attorney. Once the quitclaim deed is filled in properly, you need to notarize it and record it at the county recorder's office. This will give her equal rights towards the property.

You can make a will where you may give the property to your daughter but remember upon your death there will be a probate and then she can get your property. You can also create a joint tenancy with right to survivorship. This will help your daughter to inherit the property upon your death.

Feel free to ask if you have further queries.


Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Fri, 11/21/2008 - 18:12 | Post subject:

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous | Joined: June 8, 2004 01:06 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

My dad put my younger brother on his deed for his home during a diviorce, my brother is in bad finanicial shape and is holding my dad hostage on the property, my dad wants to refianance the property to reduce his debt, my brother will not let him because he said he is on the deed and is half owner, The problem is the deed was drawn up and noterised by a family member of my brothers wife, i feel my dad was taken into this agreement under stress of the devorce and that my brother knew this. My dad wants to know if he can give or will me his part in the property?

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Tue, 03/03/2009 - 22:01 | Post subject:

jenkin7's picture
jenkin7 | Joined: June 4, 2007 11:02 pm | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hi joscrt,

This topic has already been discussed on the following page:

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Wed, 03/04/2009 - 00:16 | Post subject:

Page loaded in 0.187 seconds.