Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

How do I get my deceased parenets home transfered into my name?

My parents passed last year. They left the house solely to me. I was told by the bank that I could keep making payments on their mortgage and once it was paid off I could tranfer the deed into my name. However the estate attorney is saying I have to finance the loan into my name in order to close out the estate. In order to [url=]refinance[/url] the loan I have to already be on the deed. I am not so now they are saying I have to take out a first mortgage. Is this true? What are my options? Is there a way to get the deed in my name in order to do a refinance versus a first mortgage?

Niicss's picture
Niicss | Joined: October 3, 2005 11:54 pm | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

If your parents have not left a will, then you will have to file an affidavit of heirship at the county recorder's office and get the property transferred in your name. Once the property is transferred in your name, you will have to refinance the mortgage and get it transferred to your name.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Mon, 05/17/2010 - 02:15

Page loaded in 0.107 seconds.