Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

how do I find out whose name is on a title?

My mother remarried a con artist. He moved into her house, went through her money and bankrupted her. They are now both in a nursing home. My brother and I have possessions that belong to us and to our father in the house. Mother is considered incompetent. Her hushand has the keys for the house and will not give them to us. The house will soon go into foreclosure. Do we have any legal right to enter the house?

adonis's picture
adonis | Joined: October 22, 2005 05:04 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hi spashall,

If your mother and the present husband are the owners of the property, then you do not have the legal rights to enter the property. However, as heirs to your mother's share of property, you may enter the house. But it's better to consult a lawyer in this regard. If you want to find out the owner of the property, you can either contact the county recorder's office or you may take the help of a title search company.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Sun, 02/28/2010 - 19:05

Page loaded in 0.064 seconds.