Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

House deed

Posted on: 16th May, 2013 09:10 am
If my sister name is on the deed of my house with me and she died, what do I do to put it in my name only.
Hi Tawana,

You will have to file an affidavit of heirship at the county recorder's office and get the property transferred in your name.

Posted on: 16th May, 2013 08:24 pm
It depends on the type of ownership. If you were "Joint Tenants with Right of Survivorship", you don't have to do anything. If you were "Tenants in Common", then your sister's heirs inherit her share of the house. If she has heirs, you must go to probate court to settle her estate. If she had no heirs, then you would file the Affidavit of Heirship.
Posted on: 17th May, 2013 12:43 am
Page loaded in 0.048 seconds.