Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

how transfer a property under husband name to wife's trust

Posted on: 19th Jan, 2013 02:33 pm
i hope someone from a title company can help answer.
my husband and i put a grant deed in his name only. now i want to put this property that is under my husband name, joe, into my trust, jane's revocabletrust.
is this a two part processs?
first: quit claim deed a transfer property from joe to jane and fill out a preliminary change of ownership report with the county.

second: once the property is under jane's name, then transfer the property from jane to her revocable trust with a second quit claim deed and another county's preliminary change of ownership report.
i can email you any documents you want to review.
thank you for your time and expertise
Hi victoriayang,

As far as I can understand, you will have to get the property transferred in your name and then you can put the property into your trust. It will be better if you could get in touch with a real estate attorney and take his opinion in this regard.

Posted on: 19th Jan, 2013 07:30 pm
Hi victoriayang!

Welcome to forums!

I agree with what James has said. A local real estate attorney will help you in knowing whether or not you should go for the Preliminary Change of Ownership Report.

Feel free to ask if you've further queries.

Posted on: 20th Jan, 2013 10:13 pm
Page loaded in 0.050 seconds.