Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

how would interspousal transfer deed done with no equity

Posted on: 12th Dec, 2008 11:00 pm
Me and exhusband on House
My attorney asked judge for me/kids to stay. Exhusband to sign over home cuz no equity.
But ex wants off credit report. My credit 685 my ex 900. He will not refi for me
hi kimberlyjob

your ex-husband can use a quitclaim deed or a inter spousal deed in order to transfer the property in your name. once the property is transferred in your name, then you can refinance and transfer the mortgage in your name. but as you have mentioned that the property has no equity, i think, it might be very difficult for you to get a refinance.

Posted on: 13th Dec, 2008 01:11 am
I was awarded the house in our divorce and have requested my ex to file deed of transfer. Who pays for the Interspousal Grant Deed?
Thanking you in advance
Posted on: 07th Apr, 2010 08:57 pm
Hi Guest,

Both of you can negotiate amongst yourselves and pay for the inter-spousal grant deed.
Posted on: 07th Apr, 2010 10:14 pm
Do I have to include my exwife's name on the grantor portion of the form when I am quit claiming it to her?
Posted on: 19th Apr, 2010 04:25 pm
Hi paul!

Welcome to forums!

If you are quit claiming the property to your ex-wife, then your name will be mentioned as the grantor of the property whereas her name will be mentioned as the grantee.

Feel free to ask if you've further queries.

Posted on: 19th Apr, 2010 10:22 pm
Must transfer property to former wife and she transfer timeshare to me. Properties are in different states.
Posted on: 24th May, 2010 11:52 am
hi wc!

welcome to forums!

you can sign a quit claim deed and transfer the property to your wife. the quit claim deed will be of the state where the property is located. you will have to record the deed at the county recorder's office where the property is located. the same process will follow in case of your wife.

feel free to ask if you've further queries.

Posted on: 24th May, 2010 10:02 pm
Transfer deed with no equity
Posted on: 03rd Nov, 2010 02:59 am
Hi Daniel,

Your wife can sign a quitclaim deed and transfer the property to you. She can get the deed drafted from an attorney.
Posted on: 03rd Nov, 2010 09:30 pm
My ex and I are in the process of amicable divorce. However, i am keeping the house and he is paying of the home equity line of credit. I originally bought house before we were married. We refinanced and he is number one on that loan his credit score was better than mine. Anyway, I am in the home and that is our plan. Does the inter--spousal transfer deed release him from financial responsibility if I can't get the home refinanced?
Posted on: 01st Jan, 2011 11:59 pm
Welcome Wanda,

An inter-spousal deed will release your spouse from the ownership of the property. It will not release him from the liability of paying off the mortgage unless you refinance it.
Posted on: 02nd Jan, 2011 07:44 pm
Divorce just had final judgement- in California
which is better to do a quitclaim deed or interspousal transfer grant deed?
how does te preliminasry change of ownership report requested by the recorders office affect the change
Posted on: 06th Jan, 2011 11:43 am
Welcome Cally,

As far as I know, an inter-spousal transfer deed will be a better option in this regard.
Posted on: 06th Jan, 2011 09:26 pm
wife and I are in the process of divorce. very ugly, temp. court order let her stay in the family home and possess family vehicle and was obligated for their financial responsibilities. Wife is out to ruin me financially, She has already let the family vehicle go into repo.status and wife and parents plotted this so they could buy back at auction which they did. I suspect she is trying to do the same with the family home. We are upside down on the home. I want to give her everything, the home, furnishings, etc. so my children do not suffer changes more than they have to. what would be more better, inter-spousal transfer= she and her parents can refinance. quit claim to her or just do a short sale. I do not want to be on the deed.
Posted on: 09th Jan, 2011 10:34 am
Hi Preston,

As you don't want to remain on the deed, it is better to go for inter-spousal transfer deed to transfer the property to your wife.
Posted on: 11th Jan, 2011 09:34 pm
Page loaded in 0.212 seconds.