Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Compare Refinance Mortgage Quotes

Post Your detailed question here.I purchased a house with my fiance about 5 years ago we have decided to split up and he says he will do what ever needs to be done to sign the house over to me. I am not able to re-finance due to the fact i do not have a job at this time. He is helping to keep the mortgage current until i am able to get a job. He has creditors calling because he has taken some loans and is deliquent i want to protect the home we purchased together. We are both on the mortgage loan and title. Is he still responsible for the loan even if he quit claims the house. Also a realtor told me i would be better off doing a grant, bargain, sale deed form. I do not know the difference. Please HELP!!!!

Jeanette's picture
Jeanette | Joined: October 19, 2007 08:57 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hello Dupuy and welcome to Mortgage Fit Forum

This is a means of transferring ("selling") real estate from one owner to another without triggering specific warranties of any kind, although it does appear to convey whatever ownership the grantor actually has, without using the words convey or grant. It is somewhat different from a quitclaim deed in which the grantor does not claim to have actually had any interest in the property, but grants whatever he may have had, if any, to the grantee. Thus, In a grant Deed the grantor is promising that they haven't sold the property to anyone else and that they haven't encumbered the property with any liens.

Hope this helps and hope you will find a job soon.

Thanks and good Luck,

Jeanette Smith
Mortgage Planner
Union Mortgage Group
cell 757-338-1889
office 757-306-3300

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Sun, 03/30/2008 - 06:48 | Post subject:

larry2's picture
larry2 | Joined: June 27, 2007 02:50 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hi dupuy,

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Jeanette. You can use this bargain and sale deed instead of a quitclaim deed. But it will be better in you consult with you lender first regarding this.

Best of luck,

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Mon, 03/31/2008 - 03:01 | Post subject:

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous | Joined: June 8, 2004 01:06 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

my husband and i were given a house by a friend,how do we put the house in our name .

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Tue, 03/10/2009 - 18:35 | Post subject:

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous | Joined: June 8, 2004 01:06 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hi keyoka,

To change the title of the house to your name, all you need is to get a quitclaim deed signed by the actual owner of the house through which he/she would be transferring his/her property-interest to both of you. Then, you need to get the deed notarized and recorded to make it valid.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Thu, 03/12/2009 - 07:42 | Post subject:

Page loaded in 0.237 seconds.