Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

X-wife not signing over deed after judge ordering house sold

In my settlement with my ex-wife, the judge ordered our house to be sold (Texas- community property state). My ex-wife is on the deed but not on the loan. He also ordered that the equity from the house would be used to pay off the joint debt. I have a contract on the house (it's sold) and my ex-wife is refusing to sign over the deed or sign a [url=]quit claim deed[/url]. What can be done to proceed with the sale of the house as the judge ordered?

adonis's picture
adonis | Joined: October 22, 2005 05:04 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Welcome Justice,

I suppose that the house is sold but perhaps you haven't signed on the papers yet. I mean probably you haven't signed on the property deed in order to convey the title. And your ex-wife doesn't want to sign. Well in that case, just remind her of the court order and if she doesn't agree you always have a chance to appeal to the court for help so that the home is sold off as the judge ordered. And obviously you need to talk to an attorney who'll guide you on how to proceed with the appeal.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Tue, 08/26/2008 - 21:30 | Post subject:

brian1's picture
brian1 | Joined: June 14, 2008 05:14 pm | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Get back in front of the judge and have him force her to. If she has been oredered isnt she in contempt?
Not a lawyer but thats my guess.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Thu, 08/28/2008 - 17:18 | Post subject:

dilipgagare's picture
dilipgagare | Joined: March 26, 2009 04:41 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

you are going to sold your house & wife is not signing on paper.
I thing your wife dose'nt know court order. try to show her and give information whatever court as ordered.

After that she refuse then you can tell to court or reapply to court
for that.But better way try to force on your ex-wife to sign or give some money or some share.

otherwise you reply to court then court will take action against her.


Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Tue, 03/31/2009 - 09:07 | Post subject:

jenkin7's picture
jenkin7 | Joined: June 4, 2007 11:02 pm | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hi Justice,

I agree with Brian. If she refuses to sign the quitclaim deed to release her share in the property, it should be considered as a comtempt of the court order. I think you should consult an attorney and drag her to court so she could legally be forced to sign the deed in order to sell the house.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Tue, 03/31/2009 - 22:45 | Post subject:

Page loaded in 0.869 seconds.