Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

What is the heir property laws in south carolina?

Posted on: 17th Aug, 2009 11:53 am
I am a grandchild who wants to put a mobile home on the property..I have consent from all surviving heirs but one heir is giving me trouble..can I still proceed?
Hi clthompkins,

If all the heirs do not give their consent to your plan, then you won't be able to put the mobile home on the property. In my opinion, you should try to buy out the heir by giving him/her a certain amount. You can ask the heir to transfer his/her share of the property to you. Once the property is transferred in your name, you will be able to put the mobile home on the property.

Posted on: 17th Aug, 2009 07:11 pm
My mother and her 4 siblings just found out that they are heirs to some property. Their mother has been deceased for 2+ yrs and did know of the property before she died. She left the youngest sibling over her will and thus in such has told my mom that since he was over their moms will therefore he will be over the money once the property is sold and HE will divide the money amongst his siblings ....Is this true or should my mother consult an attorney?
Posted on: 16th Oct, 2010 09:33 am
Welcome Dimples,

If will mentions that the youngest sibling should get the whole property, then he or she is the sole heir to the property. Others won't be able to get any share from the property. Your mother can contact an attorney who will help your mother as well as her siblings in the probate process.
Posted on: 17th Oct, 2010 10:10 pm
We are currently paying taxes on heirs property. There are 8 families involved. For the past few years, 7 of the families have been paying the taxes together. The 8th family member responsible for paying her deceased father's share of the taxes, has not paid anything. When the property is sold, will she be able to get a share of the money or can we exclude her?
Posted on: 29th Oct, 2010 09:32 pm
Hi Wind,

As the heir of her father, the person who is not paying the taxes can claim her share of the sale proceeds.
Posted on: 31st Oct, 2010 09:33 pm
An uncle had timber cut from 50 acres of Heirs Property and garnered all proceeds. What can I do?
Posted on: 28th Feb, 2011 01:31 pm
Hi RobertG!

Welcome to forums!

If you're one of the heirs to the property, then you can ask your uncle to give you a certain portion from the sale proceeds. You may even take legal actions against your uncle in order to get back your share.

Feel free to ask if you've further queries.

Posted on: 28th Feb, 2011 09:44 pm
there are 7 sibling that are still living and a grand wants to go to court to sell the land without the consent of the siblings. this person parent is deceased. Can a judge do this.
Posted on: 09th Mar, 2011 10:06 am
Hi Guest,

If there are other owners to the property, then all off them will have to agree to it in order to sell off the property.
Posted on: 09th Mar, 2011 08:59 pm
If there are other owners to the property and they don't want anything to do with the property and property taxes was paid by someone in the family, who is the rightful owner
Posted on: 06th Apr, 2011 07:59 am
Hi alice,

The persons whose names are mentioned on the property will be considered as the rightful owner. If they don't want to retain the property, then they can sign a quitclaim deed and transfer the property to someone else.

Posted on: 07th Apr, 2011 01:53 am
4 children were born. 1 child is now deceased. Does his children become heirs to their grandmothers property
Posted on: 23rd May, 2011 12:04 pm
Hi Shirley,

They may become heirs to the property of their grandparents. However, it is better to contact a real estate attorney and take his opinion in this matter.

Posted on: 23rd May, 2011 09:55 pm
my mother is now deceased who has paid property tax on the land since 1988. her long lost brother is now back in town and is claiming part of the land..He's threathing to move not only on the land but he's also trying to move into her house. My older brother has lived with my mother all these years. Can you please advise on what steps to take next?
Posted on: 30th Jul, 2011 05:03 pm
My mother is now deceased, she has paid property tax on her portion of the land since 1988 . Her long lost brother came back after her death wanting to build on a piece of her land,he has never given her a dime he also believe he has the right to move into her home which my older brother shared with her. What advise can you give my brother and myself ?
Posted on: 30th Jul, 2011 05:36 pm
Page loaded in 0.078 seconds.