Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Out of state property

Posted on: 26th Apr, 2012 04:10 pm
My wife died in January without a will in PA and we have 5 children. I have a death certificate from PA and by law everything automatically moves to me as the survivor. The issue is that we have property in SC and the title states Wife and Husband and I am now trying to sell it. Does PA surviorship take precedent or will I have to goto probate in SC for the property with no will?
Hi Hubie,

If the property in SC is not mentioned in the will, then you will have to file an affidavit of heirship at the county recorder's office over there and get the property transferred in your name. Once you become the sole owner of the property, you can sell it off easily.

Posted on: 26th Apr, 2012 07:40 pm
Welcome Hubie,

If order to file the affidavit of heirship, you can take help of SC based real estate attorney.
Posted on: 29th Apr, 2012 08:35 pm
Page loaded in 0.070 seconds.