Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Does an attorney have to draw up the paperwork for a warranty deed and file it in Texas

I am purchasing land from a relative and want to have the deed changed over to my name. Do I need an attorney to fill out the Warranty Deed and file it in the county of purchase or can I get one online and file it myself?

sunshineva's picture
sunshineva | Joined: June 15, 2009 09:07 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

You can fill out the deed yourself but make sure you are using the correct form required by your state and that it is properly witnessed/notorized as required. If you cannot file the document yourself at the county, an attorney's office can be hired to file the document for you. In my personal experience, filing fees are generally reasonable. You would be responsible to pay any fees for recording at the county as well. Just make sure you get a copy of the receipt for the filing and that you actually receive a copy of the recorded deed. Very important to have that stamped copy of the recorded deed. You can contact the county records office in which the property is located to find out about specific details and requirements. Hope this information has been helpful.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Wed, 06/17/2009 - 16:43 | Post subject:

Page loaded in 0.058 seconds.