Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Need to remove ex-boyfriend off deed w/o refinancing

Posted on: 06th Jan, 2012 11:31 am
i have a mortgage with an ex, and he has agreed to give me ownership in the house, after which i will either refinance or sell the property...can i transfer ownership without refinancing? if so, what forms do i use in tx?
Most will advise you to use a 'quit claim' deed.....

I advise my clients to go to a title company and have them prepare a 'warranty deed' and file it for you. cost money.... but more secure.
Posted on: 06th Jan, 2012 01:52 pm
I agree with Tom. Most title companies will only charge you less than $100 to get it complete and recorded. You can also visit your recorders office in your county. But the form does need to be signed in front of a Notary. You also should know, that transferring ownership to another party who is not on the loan of the mortgage, can trigger the due on sale clause, if one is found in your mortgage note. Contact your lender to be certain. Good luck
Posted on: 06th Jan, 2012 03:01 pm
Hi Guest,

If your property is free and clear from all kind of debts, then you can use a warranty deed in order to transfer the property. However, if there is some kind of debts, then you may not be able to use a warranty deed. In such a situation, you may have to go in for a quitclaim deed.

Posted on: 08th Jan, 2012 08:16 pm
Page loaded in 0.074 seconds.