Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Compare Refinance Mortgage Quotes

My father, mother, wife and I purchased a home in Texas. My father passed away two years ago. My mother wants to remove her name from the title. She is 88yrs old and no longer living in the home. She thinks that it would be easier transfering the property now rather than after her death. Is this correct? What is the best way to do this? I have a sister who knows of the situation and agrees with the transfer.

jheard's picture
jheard | Joined: December 12, 2007 08:20 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

You will also have to file an Affidavit of Heirship to get your father's name off title.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Thu, 05/07/2009 - 07:17 | Post subject:

jameshogg's picture
jameshogg | Joined: December 20, 2005 02:58 am | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)

Hi dbarkehanai,

You can ask your mother to sign a quitclaim deed in your favor. This will help you in transferring the property to your name. Once the quitclaim deed is filled out by your mother, you need to notarize it and record it at the county recorder's office.


Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Wed, 05/06/2009 - 19:12 | Post subject:

Realgeni's picture
Realgeni | Joined: April 13, 2009 08:03 pm | Posts: 0 | Location: New Jersey | 00 Dollars($)


Welcome to forum. QuitClaim would be the quick and easy way accomplish what you are trying achieve. But QuitClaim will not remove your mother from any pending loan on the property. Shw ill be still responsible for the loan, if any exists.

Thank you.

Like | Dislike | Share | Posted: Wed, 05/06/2009 - 20:13 | Post subject:

Page loaded in 0.484 seconds.