Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

mortgage help

Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 03:49 am
:shock: hello. I am in marana arizona. I have a loan on my land/mobile home with a private person. she paid my mortgage off in full and I worked for her. I made 3 payments then she took my mortgage off my paychecks each month for about 8 months. well heres the problem. she filed paperwork to foreclose on my hom saying I owed the entire 8 months. I got a lawyer and stopped it. however this woman is still the owner of my land/home. I have been having the worst time just trying to find a mortgage to pay her off and have my peace of mind, and normalcy around here. my wife and I both have good income, she at american airlines, I am disabled- our monthly income is about 3500.00 verifable. my credit score is 578 hers is 560. we have no foreclosures, repossessions, judgements. she pays child support and our insurance out of her paycheck and works a second and third part time job to make extra money. we have lived here since 2003. I bought the land in 1999 and we moved a 1996 mobile home onto it in 2003, we built a 8k fence around the entire 4.12 acre property and I built an additional shop for 22k next door. I had an appraisal done in december that came in at 145k for the entire home/land/shop/everything. my loan is only 105k well within a doable loan. the mobile is anchored onto a concrete pad the entire size of the mobile home, and footers were dug and brick/block skirting was installed around the home- the home cannot be moved without destroying it. we live here with our 13 year old son and because I was the first person to move out here and develope my parcel I put in the road/utility easement- well I went to the county and got the road named after my family- so the three of us live on "WAITE ROAD" it is actually legally named after us/my family. now we are facing this woman who will not tell anyone on my behalf that I made my payments on time, and/or worked them off for her. because I can`t prove that one stoopid thing I am facing not being able to get a loan and losing my families home. someone please tell me that there is something I can do to save my house/land. this is all we have right now and with me being disabled it is REALLY all we have. there has got to be a way to get a loan and save this house. again my loan is for 105k and the appraisal was 145k. my interest rate is 7% and my monthly payments are 635 without taxes and insurance added in, I pay those all seperatley by the year. we can prove everything on paper, our incomes, where we live, our families are all from here over 60 years each, we are not bad people, we just need some help right now.
michael waite
(520) 682-3344 home
thank you very much for listening. :!:
You have been tricked "michael". But may be theres a way out for you. I think on the deed your name was there right and if not thats been a biggest mistake of your life.

Can you tell me why didn't you find any lender who can give you a loan. Your credit looks okay to me and as you have said you have been on time with all the payments so i do not find any reason for you not getting the loan.

I know some lenders and i will definitely pass your number to them and i am sure they will help you out.

Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:13 am
I forgot to add a couple things. I am open right now as to what kind/type of loan that nothing matters. I expect to pay a higher interest rate, I would like to take about 5k cash back for home improvements- however if I cannot it`s alright, if I have to I will- I am very open on this. whatever it takes to get this done and not lose my house. so please keep these thing in mind when reading this post. again thank you.
Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:14 am
I got you your point michael, dont worry about the issue though i do understand your pain.

Take one suggestion from me, never express these difficulties to any lenders as they take advantage out of it and dont tell them that you are ready to pay any interest. They will help you as its their profession. I am suggesting this as a friend.
Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:18 am
my name is on the paperwork and title but so is hers, we never had any kind of relationship as she is older and I am married, she is just a wealthy woman who wanted to help herself with a tax deduction I guess. one reason I heard was it is a
mobile home
L.T.V. was not high enough- then I paid for an appraisal and it is !
12 month payment history. she will not give me one ! I cannot prove I made and/or worked for squat, I was paid cash from her so there is no paper trail. but I as well as others also think there was an alterior motive to her "offering" to give me a better interest rate and 5 years to clean up my/our credit, she got the tax deductions and made some money and I made out in the end. however in the end I lose my house and she makes alot of money- NOPE !! thanks for the ehlp.
Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:24 am

I can feel the stress you are going through. Both you and your wife seem to have fairly good credit score. so i don't think you will have to pay a higher interest to that extent. So try to keep your cool and have patience. After all it concerns your home and involves a lot of money.

Let me mention here, that our Community has a group of lenders offering various loan programs to suit the needs of consumers of all levels of income. So, I shall try to contact them and explain your situation. Let's hope that I can find out someone who will be willing to come forward and help you.

What I would suggest is that you wait till tomorrow, so that we can give you some news at least and then all your problem will be solved.

Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:26 am
Interesting michael, how could you get yourself in such trouble. You name is there so thats a good point which will work in your favour. But i got the whole story now. It was all done to save some tax and improvement of credit score.

Whatever has happened is past and now you need to be bit smart with situation. Do this 1st, report the whole story to your local attorney as she may be rich but if she has done something illegal she wont be let away like that.
Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:29 am
yep, don`t show your hand kinda thing. but the end result is that I have to get a loan- I will be honest I am in the corner right now. I appreciate the kind words. whatever it takes has to be taken. as long as I can make the monthly payments. yes I have told the attorney everythig as has my wife, and that is how he stopped the foreclosure cold, because her lawyer left off some important information on the paperwork he filed and it was not legal so they agreed to "hold" off on things until I could find a loan- but they will not wait forever. it even got to the point that my wife and I called this woman two days prior to the foreclosure day and she told us on the phone "don`t worry I am not selling your house" and "nothing will happen" then I called downtown to the people in charge and found out it was still scheduled to be sold after she told us it was`nt !!!!! thats when I was at the attorneys office telling my same story as here- he stopped the sale. I came here because I have no options, I already feel a little better after you all answered. I was worried no one would bother. and yes you are right, things around here have been very tough, still are very tough. my wifes birthday party last saturday when she turned "??" is the first time anyone had relaxed in awhile. but the next day it was back to nervous ness !!!!! sincerely any help you all can give will be greatly appreciated. thank you.
Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:30 am
Keep your cool michael, have patience. Thats all i can say to you. You look too wory to me. Take a deep breath and relax a bit. Believe me your problem will be solved by end of this week.
Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:37 am
hi there,

You seem to be in trouble enough. after all you say that you worked for her and even made payments. this is ridiculous. some legal action needs to be taken. Why not contact an attorney as soon as possible and just sort out the issue?

Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:39 am
Hi Michael,

Just relax, I have forwarded your query to our loan department, they are trying their level best to help you out. They shall contact you as soon as they can come to a solution with some lenders.

Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:42 am
As i said and supported by melinda, talk to local attorney. He will show you the right path as far as legallity is concerned.
Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:45 am
yes I do have an attorney. here is his advice. yes she is way wrong and most likely broke some laws. so what do we want to do about it. no matter what she paid money for your note- you have to pay her ! now whether or not she had done anything illegal is going to be decided by the courts- that costs money. do you want to just be done with her, get the best loan you can find- pay her off and walk away smarter ! or keep paying me 275 hour to fight a battle you may or may not win- then still have to pay her off. I agreed instead of her paying me then me turning right around and paying her that she should just keep out what I owed for the months payment. I thought it was going to work out great. she was being nice and I never thought one thing was wrong until that last month when there was "no" work anymore- thats when I went "oh poopy" !!!!! then I got a letter say I had to pay the 8 months money I worked for her in 10 days or pay the whole 105k or lose my house. I balked and called her. she did not take my calls. after I contacted her lawyer I really was worried and began looking for another mortgage. she knew I did`nt have 8 months of money laying around so she made her move. my lawyer stopped the progress but I must get a loan- bottom line no matter what she did I still have to pay the loan first instead of paying the lawyer any/all my money to keep going in court- I might have to do that anyway but for now if I can get a loan and get her off my house in a way, I will win ! then I will worry about anything else legally I can/should do. thanks.
Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:50 am
Yeah you are right the smart way is to pay off and get away. See you have been intellegent in all your move. You have contacted the attorney and now you have your vision v.clear and soon all your worries will be off. No fun to go for any legal action right now. The decision what you have taken is right.
Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 04:58 am
Hi Michael,

I agree with you; its a waste of money if it has to go after the court for a number of months. So it is better that you just pay the woman off and save your home, after all your home is your asset.

I don't think you should worry much as you need to be bold at this point of time. After all, its all about saving your home and keeping your family safe. Let's hope that this community can do something for you. As Jessica said, I am sure the guys here are putting in their best efforts to help you out.

Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 05:01 am
I sure do appreciate anyones help, I know there are people trying now anyway. up until now it only has been me. thank you all.
Posted on: 16th Feb, 2006 03:14 pm
Page loaded in 0.148 seconds.