Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

Is a Sample quit claim deed available here?

Posted on: 12th Mar, 2007 05:16 am

i need a quit claim deed form. please help
Welcome guest,

You can get the quit claim deed form at .
But this is just a sample form. Legal forms vary from state to state. So, just show it to the attorney before you use it.
Posted on: 12th Mar, 2007 05:39 am
I agree with Adonis, you should contact an attorney to correctly fill up the form before going for its notarization and recordation. State laws vary and there might be some specific clauses that need to be included in the deed which only attorney will be able to tell.
Posted on: 17th Mar, 2007 01:44 pm
I want to know if someone quit claims property before there death but in the will that property was to go to someone else what if anything can be done
Posted on: 11th Jan, 2008 06:24 pm
Hello Vickie,

As far as I know, if the quit claim deed has been prepared after the will then, in that case, the will becomes invalid.

But the quit claim deed has to be notarized and recorded at the County Recorder's Office in order to make that valid.
Posted on: 13th Jan, 2008 10:46 pm
Call a local title company. They can prepare and file a quit claim deed for you. Most title companies only charge 50.00 for this service. I don't believe that you are able to do this yourself and a lawyer will charge even more for these services.
Posted on: 20th Jan, 2008 03:39 pm
A simple task? All I wan to do is assure my son gets my house when I die. I still wan to live in my house untill then without the fear that I can be forced out. How do I do that/
Thanks, Robert
Posted on: 04th Dec, 2008 04:32 pm
Hi Robert McLawhron,

You can sign a quitclaim deed with the clause of life estate in it. This will transfer the property to your son but will also give you the right to stay in the property until death.

You can also draft a will in your son's favor that after your death it is he who will be getting the property. However, filing a will may lead to probate after your death. If you want your son to avoid probate, you can go for a joint tenancy with right to survivorship. This will help your son to inherit the property after your death without probate.

Posted on: 04th Dec, 2008 11:22 pm
Posted on: 28th Jan, 2009 08:35 am
As his name is not on the mortgage deed, your filing bankruptcy will not affect him in my opinion. But you should have asked him to sign a quitclaim deed to you when you refinanced the property.
Posted on: 28th Jan, 2009 09:59 pm
if i already have a life estate and I marry can my spouse be added, and how can I do this
Posted on: 03rd Mar, 2009 10:27 am
Hi flo,

Having a life estate won't prevent you from adding your spouse to the title. You just need to sign a quitclaim deed to add your spouse. However, you may have to mention the life estate clause in the deed. It's better you get a deed drafted by an attorney that would suit this situation.
Posted on: 04th Mar, 2009 12:11 am
I have had my husband in an Adult Care Home for a while and I recently had to apply to the state for help with his care. They told me to get his name off the deed to our house as soon as possible. I was informed that a quit claim deed is the best way to go. He has dementia but is still able to understand what is going on. Now sure how much longer he will so I need to act very quickly. I called my state case manager and she said the state of Arizona will honor the quit claim deed. Can any one help?
Posted on: 08th Mar, 2009 01:33 pm
Hi Mary,

I think you should get a quit claim deed signed by your husband as soon as possible. After this, you need to get the deed notarized and recorded with the county clerks office to validate it.
Posted on: 09th Mar, 2009 03:20 am
Posted on: 09th Mar, 2009 03:30 am
What is the wording on quit claim when transfering property to a revocable trust? Should it be the "revocable trust of Jon Smith" or "Jon Smith trustee of revocable trust of Jon Smith"?
Posted on: 09th Mar, 2009 02:35 pm
Page loaded in 0.162 seconds.