Compare Mortgage Quotes

Refinance Rates for Today

Please enable JavaScript for the best experience.

In the mean time, check out our refinance rates!

Company Loan Type APR Est. Pmt.

County Clerk or Recorder

Posted on: 07th Apr, 2004 11:50 pm
County Clerk or Recorder is a public official, usually at the county level, who keeps and maintains records of real estate in a specific geographic area. He is also known as a County Recorder.

For example, Kris is appointed by the government to look, manage and maintain the records of real estate, i.e. who owns it, the date of ownership, price of it, etc, of Diamond Street in San Francisco.

The 509.093 Standards passed by the 1996 Legislature are imposed on the documents to be recorded with the recorder:
  • The document shall consist of one or more individual sheets of size 8.5 inches by 14 inches.

  • The document can be printed, typewritten, or computer generated.

  • The document shall be on white paper of not less than 20 pound weight and have a clear border of approximately one-half inch on the top, bottom, and each side.

  • The top of the first page of the document shall contain a blank space measuring 3 inches. The right half of the page should be used by the county recorder for recording information.

  • The title should be prominently displayed on the first page below the blank space.
Can i get any help from the recorders office in filling out my form.
Posted on: 07th Nov, 2005 09:53 pm
Hi Hicks,

The recorders are not attorneys and they do not practice law. So i would suggest that you should contact a attorney or a title company for further assistance.

Posted on: 07th Nov, 2005 10:05 pm
I have bought property from my father in law. He has the release of lien from the original owner and he has the property deed. Do I need to get help from an attorney, or can i fill out the form and have it notarized and file it myself?
Posted on: 07th Sep, 2006 07:05 am

You can do it yourself but even if all things are proper it is advisable to take advice from a real estate attorney.

Posted on: 07th Sep, 2006 10:45 am

I hope you are talking about putting your name on the deed.

Yeah, you can fill up the form on your own, but it is always better to take an attorney's help as he can explain you the legal terms on the deed if required.

Posted on: 07th Sep, 2006 10:55 pm
my kids father bought a house im 1997 I didnt have have good credit so we did a quickclaim deed through an attorney. things are not great between us, we have 200,000 thousand equity in this house.what can I do to get half of that money and move on.
Posted on: 21st Oct, 2006 05:13 am
Hi Guest,

You will get the answer to your query from the discussion at .

Let us know if you have any other doubts.


Posted on: 23rd Oct, 2006 02:47 am
i am saleing my property but i would like to quick Deed it what do i do.
Posted on: 13th Mar, 2007 01:15 pm
hi lovinglife,

welcome to mortgagefit discussion board.

quit claim deed is used for transfer of property. for selling the property you can use a quit claim deed. in the deed the value you are receiving from the sale will have to be entered.

please also go through this page to read the replies other members had given to a similar question you placed some time ago:

Posted on: 13th Mar, 2007 02:30 pm
if i own (100%) of home can i quitclaim deed (50%) to my son
Posted on: 13th Dec, 2007 03:03 pm
Hello Fsu,

Yes, you can always do that. You have to sign the deed as the grantor with your son's name as the grantee. But remember to notarize the deed and record it at the County Recorder's Office in order to make it valid.
Posted on: 14th Dec, 2007 01:19 am
My mothers sister has quick claim deeded her house to my mom in the case of my aunts death. My Aunt has no children, my question is can another family member fight for the house.
Posted on: 14th Jan, 2008 06:14 pm
Hello Guest,

No there is no fighting for the home if it is deeded to your mother. It is now your mothers house if your mother is the only one on title. If your monther and aunt are on title without a surviorship deed then yes since half would be still in your aunts name. If they are both on title with a surviorship deed then there is no problem since the deed will be transfered to your mother in the event of your aunts death without going to probate.
Posted on: 14th Jan, 2008 06:22 pm
If someone gets legall guardianship and conservator over a person can this undo a quit claim deed?
Posted on: 14th Jan, 2008 06:30 pm
Posted on: 14th Jan, 2008 06:37 pm
Page loaded in 0.088 seconds.